Glycerol Mono Oleate
Glycerol monooleate is prepared by esterification of commercial oleic acid that is derived either from edible sources or fatty acids. It is a synthetic, biodegradable amphiphilic, lipid compound with many applications. It is a nonionic surfactant , A good general purpose emulsifier having low toxicity characteristics. It is a very useful low HLB co-emulsifier for forming either oil-in-water or water-in-oil emulsions.
CAS NO.: 25496-72-4
SYNONYMS : Glycerol Oleate
- It is used in bath oil as emollient and spreading agent, in makeup as pigment dispersant, and also in vanishing and moisturizing creams.
- It is used as an excipient in antibiotics and other drugs. It is also used as a biosealant and bioadhesive.
- Used in the manufacture of PVC film and Polyethylene film as a lubricant and antistatic aid.
- It is used in textiles as fibre delustering agent, dispersing agent for pigments & as a lubricant component in synthetic fibre spin finishes.
- Frequently used as a rust preventive additive for compounded oils.
- It is also used as a vehicle for Agricultural insecticides and an anti icing fuel additive.
Appearance : Clear Oily Liquid to Semi-solid
Nature : Non-ionic
Acid Value : 5.0 max
SAP Value : 155 – 175
Mono Ester content :35 % min
Moisture: 1% Max.