Sorbiton Mono Laurate
Sorbitan monolaurate is a mixture of esters formed from the fatty acid lauric acid and polyols derived from sorbitol, including sorbitan and isosorbide. It widely used as surface active substances and raw materials . The chemical structure of the Sorbitan laurate combines a good environmental profile, especially in terms of ready biodegradability and no harmful effects on aquatic life, with the structural features required for their manifold uses. It functions as a surfactant and emulsifying agent. It is used as a wetter, emulsifier, emulsifier O/W, and emulsifier W/O.
CAS NO: 1338-39-2
Synonyms: Span 20, emulsifier S20
Molecular Formula : C18H34O6
- Sorbitan laurate is a common component in laundry products, cleaners, aerosol sprays, disinfectants, pest control , sprays, polishes, water softeners.
- Used in coatings, paints, thinners, paint removers.
- Emulsifier for pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- Emulsifiers and dispersants for pigments, Emulsifiers for lubricants
- It is also used for ethoxylation.